Friday, March 30, 2007

Week 11 ~ Thursday


I am red-faced as I report that I didn't go to rehab on Thursday either. A whole week. I really had to weigh my options this week and it was very hard to balance what I needed to do. But I did what I did and next week won't be as hectic and I won't have to make such hard choices. Right now I can honestly say that at least I know how important exercise is in my life. I guess I wouldn't agonize over missing it, if I didn't know that it is allowing me the ability to do more with each passing week.




We just finished writing a grant to get some funding to develop a pilot program to provide free home visits for patients with COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) who fall between the cracks of Medicare, Medicaid and private insurances. I am so excited about it and hopeful that with this program, we will be able to provide important education and support to allow patients to be more proactive in the management of their illness and increase the quality of their lives.




Audrey has returned home from her double transplant and is doing very well. She is just 12 years old and a hero to all of us who know her. She and her family have been through so much and to now be on the other side of the transplant after waiting for 4 long years is so heartwarming! Go Audrey!


I'd like to mention here that your comments are welcome here. I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, support, questions etc that you would like to make! The more the merrier!




See you next week!


~Eileen

3 comments:

The Patient Connection said...

Hi

We are running a research blog on COPD

http://www.thepatientconnections.com/blog.asp?uid=17

It would be great if anyone felt like dropping by and adding their thoughts and ideas

best wishes

Belinda

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up about missing a couple of classes Eileen.
You had hard decisions to make about some very important issues.
The work you have been doing is exceptional and says alot about you
and your comment to others.

Bless you

Tim

Anonymous said...

Your blog is a joy to read. I think that the pilot program you speak of is a wonderful idea. How good you must feel to be working on something so important.

Take care,
Dee