Thursday, March 08, 2007

Week 8 ~ Thursday


I got some wonderful news today at rehab. Audrey, the 12 year old who had been waiting over 4 years for a transplant, got 2 new lungs this week!!! (see day 2 post) Way to go Audrey! So far she is stable but right after the surgery, which lasted about 12 hours, they had to put in a temporary pacemaker for an irregular heartbeat. Please keep her in your prayers for a speedy recovery. Audrey had just been 70 pounds when she had the surgery, and she had become quite debilitated. I am so happy that her long wait has ended and I pray that she will finally be able to laugh and dance and breathe well with this wonderful gift.
My workout was the same as Tuesday. I had hoped to increase the time, but my body wasn't ready yet. My pulse ran around 110-120, my BP from 144/82 to 126/67, my O2 sats stayed at 97%. I look forward to attempting more next week!
~Eileen

No comments: