Saturday, April 07, 2007

Week 12 ~ Tuesday/Thursday


This week I went to rehab both days and have maintained 15 minutes on each machine. I've increased the speed of the TM from 1 to 1.2. Considering how I felt this week, I have to give myself a pat on the back for making the effort.

I felt feverish and starting coughing alot as soon as I started moving around this week. By Thursday I called my doctor and got started on an antibiotic and prednisone and within 24 hours started feeling better.

This week was hard for me and I'm happy that I perservered and made the extra effort to do more than I thought I could. But it took all that I had to do it and left me feeling tired, depressed and frustrated. I hate that my mind says I can do things but my body just doesn't cooperate. I was so angry at my COPD this week when I couldn't walk without getting short of breath and it was so awkward dragging my tank around because I was so clumsy with it for some reason.

But I calmed myself down, cut myself some slack, asked for help with chores around my house, and now that I'm feeling better, I'm feeling better about everything around me. A few good cries and a few temper tantrums didn't really hurt any and probably helped some, things got done, and I'll be ready for a new week. And definitely ready for a new attitude. I hate feeling so down and defeated! That's really not my nature and it takes so much more effort to support that than it does a positive attitude.

~Eileen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on Eileen!
Your attitude is making me feel better. I guess we all tend to beat ourselves up too much over the bad days.
They come and then they go; we just have to take them for what they are and move on.
I am glad you are feeling better.
I so admire your strength of character.

Take care,
Dee