Friday, March 16, 2007

Week 9 - Thursday


I am a walking list of excuses. I can find an excuses to never do anything good for myself and I'm not afraid to use them. BUT, lately I am fighting back. This morning, I thought that I needed to spend my rehab time working on a project for work but realized that work had been my excuse for not attending pulmonary rehab so many times in the past. Time for a change! I overrode my own decision and went to rehab and I'm so glad that I did.


I finished out the week by continuing my progress. I'm doing 15 minutes on each of the pieces of equipment that I use. My oxygen sats remained at 97% and my pulse ran around 116 during exercise. My blood pressure is VERY good at 110/70.



I am going to go for 20 minutes on each next week. I feel really good and the more I do, the more I want to do. I have never felt such a sense of well being before. It took emphysema and a fight for my life to do it. I have been consistent and motivated and it has rewarded me greatly with a renewed lease on life. People around me see it and comment about it. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have another chance on making my life better!

See you next week!

~Eileen

No comments: