Thursday, May 31, 2007

Week 18 - progress


I am finally feeling back in the swing of exercising again. It doesn't take much to get me off track and I really have to dig deep sometimes to make myself go to rehab. But I know that being able to have a life means that I have to work hard for it so that has been my motivation. It's a rare day anymore that I stay home and don't go out and do something, even if it's just to go for a ride and enjoy the air.




This week I had a problem with my back. I was in a lot of pain on the treadmill and on Tuesday I was only able to do 5 minutes! I got a burning pain in my lower back and cramps in both my calves so I had to stop. I tried today to get on the TM, but the same thing started so I again stopped. I have a history of herniated discs and surgery, so I am hoping that a little rest and some gentle stretching will help it improve in a few days.




However, on Tuesday I did 15 minutes on both the UBE and the Nu-step. And today, I did 20 minutes on each! That included 1,750 steps on the Nu-step. I am a happy camper today because despite the set back with my back, I was able to make progress overall with my endurance times.




My blood pressure was a little high this week but it did come down after exercising. My O2 sats were good, between 95 - 97% and my pulse ran around 116.




The rehab room was very quiet this week. Only 5 or 6 people showed up for our sessions, but we had some great conversations about oxygen providers and insurance/medicare coverage. Next month there is going to be an open house for home oxygen users at our local oxygen provider's site. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know and I'll try to get them answered. I know I have questions about Medicare and liquid oxygen systems.




See you next week!


~Eileen

No comments: