Thursday, May 24, 2007

Week 17


Here we are, another week gone by. I didn't go to rehab on Tuesday. For some reason, my breathing was awful, as I was trying to get ready to go. Throughout my shower, I was very short of breath, and couldn't seem to recover. It was getting late, and I was trying to hurry and that made me more short of breath and that made me more anxious and that made me more breathless - and on and on. I felt so guilty for not getting to rehab that day!


On Wednesday my breathing was much better and today I got to rehab okay. The hospital where the rehab is held is undergoing much construction and my main route in was not available. I trekked throughout the hospital corriders completely lost and it took me 15 minutes of walking just to find my way, and I used to work there!!


There were 11 of us today and it was a rowdy good time. Libby was back to her cheery self and I discovered that 2 of the ladies are also nurses. Janet is still having pain in her ribs and Cheryl still hasn't come back. The time flew by with all of the conversations going on and all of the joking and laughter that went with it.


I did 10 minutes on the TM at 1.2 and plan to be up to 15 minutes next week. I did 15 minutes and 1, 365 steps on the Nu-Step (still wishing I had one at home), and I did 18 minutes on the UBE. My goal is to get to 20 minutes on each.


There's a Better Breather's meeting next Tuesday after rehab and I think it's time for me to join. There are speakers each month and I hear that things are pretty lively there, too.


See you next week!


~Eileen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glade to see that your doing better Eileen and having so much fun. Joining the Better Breathers Group sounds like a good ideal. It's always nice to have a social life.

Tim

Breathing Better Living Well said...

Thanks, Tim, I really do enjoy the rehab attmosphere.

A social life - I hadn't thought of it that way and now that I think of it, I haven't really had a social life in a very long time.

So it's time for even more changes! :)

~Eileen