Thursday, May 03, 2007

Week 15 ~ Thursday


Another good day at rehab! I consider them all good days, even when I don't perform as well as others, like today. I don't know why, but I just couldn't do as well as Tuesday.
I did 15 minutes on the NuStep and 1,330 steps at level 5. Not bad. Then I did the upper body ergometer and did 10 minutes with my upper arms at a burn when I finished. Hmm, not sure why, but maybe I overdid home exercises yesterday. Then I went onto the treadmill and set it a bit faster than Tuesday and had to stop at 10 minutes because my calves were cramping. I should have known better than to increase the speed until I had the distance back up to what it was. Lesson learned (yet again).
It is beautiful out today. It's a pleasant 65 degrees with a slight breeze and lots of sunshine - a wonderful day to be outside. Pansies are my favorite flowers and I saw lots of them.
Libby made me laugh so much today and Janet is still perservering despite her broken ribs. Cheryl, the lady with cancer, was supposed to come back a couple of weeks ago but we haven't heard from her lately. Audrey, the 13 year old with CF who got the double lung transplant is doing great. She exercises alone, later in the day, because of the potential of catching an infection. One of her favorite exercises is the hoola hoop! I used to be a master but that was long ago and far away! I don't even have a waist anymore to swing it on! LOL
See you next week!
~Eileen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As we all know, some days are better then others Eileen. The point is, you where there and you where able to participate. Not long ago, you wouldn't have even been there, remember? You are doing great and are an inspiration to us all.

Tim

Breathing Better Living Well said...

Thank-you for the kind words, Tim. You know, the good days out last the bad ones lately, thanks to exercise!

I hope you are enjoying your gardening, Tim!

Eileen