Thursday, April 19, 2007

Week 14 - Thursday


My little friend Audrey went to Boston this week for a follow up visit post double lung transplant. A couple of weeks ago her fev1 was 40%; this time it is 78%!!! Last weekend she went sliding in the snow, something she hasn't done in a couple of years. Her 13th birthday is next Sunday. What a great birthday present - the ability to breathe again. I am so proud to be one of her supporters!


It was tough going to rehab today because it was so nice out. The rains have stopped, the sun came out and the temp was in the low 60's. But I went and did 15 minutes on each of the machines. My O2 sats remained in the 97% range and my blood pressure is back down again.


I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't get to 20 minutes on the machines. It's been a struggle to get to 15 minutes and I guess my body just isn't ready yet for more. I hope by next week that it will happen.


A couple of the regulars weren't there for various reasons, but we still have quite a group. We have great personalities and they are fun to be around. That helps to make the exercise time go by when the machines become boring.


See you next week!

~Eileen

No comments: