Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Week 13 - Tuesday


I am always amazed at how quickly a bug will hit me and make me feel so lousy but I am so happy that my body responds so quickly to meds. I am feeling much better this week and back at it!

Walking into the rehab room is always such a pleasure. It's funny, but I never felt this way before when I attended. It was always a chore to get over with as quickly as possible. This time around, I look forward to going, taking my time and really do enjoy it. I "get" the connection between exercise and breathing.

My O2 sats were low, around 91%, when I first got to rehab. But they gradually came up to 94-95% after working out. I imagine that they'll get better as the week goes on and I feel even better.

I tried really hard to progress a little this week, but just couldn't. Maybe Thursday I'll get to 20 minutes on the machines but for today, I stayed at 15 minutes on each. On the TM I continued at 1.2mph, on the UBE I did 16 minutes, and on the Nu-Step I did 15 minutes and got to 1,365 steps, which was a bit of an improvement over last week.

Audrey, our 12 year old double transplant friend, has been coming to rehab twice a week and is doing great. It's hard to believe that only 3 weeks ago she had such a major surgery! Let's all keep her in our prayers for continued recovery.

Cheryl, the lady who has COPD on top of cancer, has been out for a while. She started on a new chemo regime that left her pretty wiped out but she will be coming back this week. I am so humbled by her courage and determination. She is pure dignity in the face of her challenges.

See you Thursday!
~Eileen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see your back at it Eileen. It is so encouraging to read about you progress. Wouldn't
it be great if you not only accomplished your 20 min goal but eventually passed it. I'm here to cheer you on.

Tim