Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Week Three


Today was a really good day at pulmonary rehab maintenance. I was able to walk quite a distance to the rehab room and was only a little short of breath when I got there. This shows me how much the exercise is helping and motivates me to keep trying.

The picture to the left is an upper body ergometer. This strengthens the upper arms and is the piece of equipment that I am still only able to achieve 8 minutes on. Next week I'm pretty sure I will be able to increase to 10 minutes since I am working with 3LB weights at home on the days I'm not at rehab.

I walked for 12 minutes on the treadmill at 1 MPH and by the end of this week I will increase to 15 minutes. When I am comfortable at 15 minutes, I will increase the speed.

I used the Nu-Step for 15 minutes and did 1550 steps at Level 5. I try to stay steady at about 100 steps per minute and by next week I will try to do it for 20 minutes.

When I started today, my BP was 156/91, O2 sats were 93% and pulse was 115. By the time I left, my BP was 143/79, O2 sats 97% and my pulse was 100.

~Eileen

No comments: