Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tuesday August 21


I was so happy to have my friend Gail with me today when I went to rehab! I had topped off my O2 tank, which I really should not have done, and by the time we got to the hospital, it froze up. I walked from the parking lot to the lobby with just a dribble of oxygen making it through the canula, and my O2 sats were 84%. I was kicking myself because topping off the tank is a sure way to freeze the works up. I usually use my own tank when at rehab, and I wanted to make sure that I had enough. So Gail had to wheel me into the rehab room. I laughed all the way because she was going 65 MPH to get me to some oxygen, and we were flying past everyone in the halls. Everyone must have thought I was on my way to delivery... When I stopped laughing, I told her that it was ok not to panic because just by being still and breathing, my sats would come up. We both had a good laugh talking about the looks on the faces that we sped by.

I got hooked up with a rehab tank and my sats came right up to 95%. I was feeling tight in my chest and achy all over so I figured I would take it easy today. I started on the Nu-step and did 20 minutes, and 1,700 steps. After a rest, I did the UBE. I did 18 minutes on that one. Then on to the TM. I did 10 minutes today at .9mph. Not very good, but at least I got that 10 minutes in. My blood pressure was good today, 124/71 and my sats ran around 95-96%.
If my chest still feels tight tomorrow, I will call my doctor and run in to have him listen to my lungs. Just to be safe. But I really think that it will be fine tomorrow.
See you Thursday!
~Eileen

No comments: