Friday, August 10, 2007

August 9, 2007


While rehab didn't happen on Tuesday because of continued oxygen problems, Thursday was great. There was progress and my oxygen issues have been resolved.

I went for 20 minutes on the UBE without experiencing any muscle burn. For some reason, the time just seems to fly by when I'm sitting there peddling my arms. I'm relaxed and I listen to conversations around me and let my mind just wander wherever it wants to go.

Next was the Nu-step and I did it for 15 minutes, doing 1,200 steps on Level 5. I would probably gone 20 minutes, but there were about 11 of us at rehab and someone was waiting for the machine. For the lot of us there are 4 treadmills, 2 UBE machines, 3 recumbent bikes and 2 Nu-steps. There is also a gazelle and a rower and multiple bikes that are rarely used, at least in our class.

When I went to the TM, I decided to try it slower to see if I could do better and sure enough, I was able to get to 10 minutes. For me this is a huge improvement. I really think that now that I've discovered my speed for now, (1.2 - .9)I will be able to get to 15 minutes next week and who knows from there.

My O2 sats ran around 95-96%, my pulse would get up into the 120's, but the best was my blood pressure which ran around 103/64! My pulse did come down during rest periods and maybe by next week it will be lower still.

I can't wait to see how I do next week!

~Eileen

No comments: